I must have a Napoleon Complex...

Have you ever listened to this dude Napoleon Da Legend? I never heard of him until very recently, but this DMV area rhymer is working his way up my rap rankings...


From what I can tell from my limited exposure to him, Napoleon is a no-nonsense spitter of the sort that people assume don't exist anymore.  I mean, Pen and Pad, the video I posted of his the other day, featured him sitting at a table in the park (where cats like to play dominoes or chess) writing in a rhyme book... and it was perfectly appropriate! Like a chess player, this cat moves words around like he has complicated goals he needs to achieve with them! He doesn't content himself with a punchline here or there, but his lyrics are packed with thought.

Mythologie and Jah Don't Lie are both from his album The Myth or the Legend, which is on iTunes, Amazon and CD Baby (so no excuses). I haven't heard it per se, but I listened to lots of tracks off it, and like I say, dude's mustard. I'm definitely checking for him... You can find dude on Facebook, Twitter and (of course) YouTube.
[EDIT: It's on bandcamp too!]


holla!
samax.

ghettoManga.com
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here