Wishlist- "Our Love is Real" by Sam Humphries & Steven Sanders #WTF

I saw a preview poster for writer Sam Humphries (CBGB; Fraggle Rock) and artist Steven Sanders' (Uncanny X-Men: The Heroic Age, SWORD; Five Fists of Science) new self-published comic Our Love is Real and I have to admit, I'm curious where they're going with it! I gaffled a 6 page preview and  posted it with some of my patented blah blah below...
Here's the sales pitch:
FIVE YEARS AFTER THE AIDS VACCINE...Plantsexuals riot in the streets for equal rights. Humans fall in love with dogs. And crystals are more than just jewelry. A chance encounter on the job changes a riot cop's life forever as he finds himself caught in a bizarre love triangle that blurs romance, crime, and lust beyond recognition.

OUR LOVE IS REAL is a bold new sci-fi one-shot written by Sam Humphries (one of Wizard's "Five Writers to Watch in 2011";
CBGB; Fraggle Rock) and illustrated by Steven Sanders (Uncanny X-Men: The Heroic Age; SWORD; Five Fists of Science).







Marriage equality is a real hot-button topic right now, so what better way to tackle it than making an exquisitely drawn comic farce that turns the whole debate on its ear. At least that's what I'm hoping for! Of course, it's possible that it's just gonna be just some well-drawn preaching. But I don't think so...

But I'm just guessing. OLIR went on sale today. You can buy it on the website as a digital download or a physical copy. You can also buy it in stores in selected cities. Click here for more info. I can imagine this post might insight spirited political dialogue, and while that's totally not my intent, I can live with it...

holla!
-samax.

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here