I need to check this out!

This movie Summer Wars looks hard...


Here's the sales pitch:
From the visionary directory of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (2007 Japanese Academy Award winner, Best Animated Feature) comes the story of an ordinary family going to extraordinary lengths to avert the impending cyber apocalypse!
I need to check this out! I have read some good reviews of it, but haven't caught it yet myself...
It seems to press some of the same buttons as the Satoshi Kon mindbender Paprika (which I really liked), but with a lighter touch. I'm sure some of you have seen Summer Wars already, so feel free to speak up. Just try not to give away too much!
holla!
-samax

6 comments:

B_Steelo said...

It's fresh. It's a movie about family though, and the execution and plot are odd as hell to me. I like Japan. They don't give a damn.

I also recommend "The Girl That Leapt Through Time". Same director.

Killer ZEES said...

I should have it in the mail today from netflix!!! I'll get you a copy.

Samax said...

@ Steelo- sounds good.
@ ZEES- SuhWEEEEET!!!

Robert Trujillo/Tres said...

Me too! looks hella tight!

Anonymous said...

This film looks siick! I have to get my hands on this sometime soon.

Samax said...

yep!

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here