An American Icon Passes

post by Mike Lagocki
Andrew Wyeth, a painter of significant importance in the American landscape, died today. He was 91. When Samax and I were in art school, his images were shown to us often. There's a lot to learn about painting in Andrew Wyeth's work.

In particular, this image, Christina's World, about a young disabled girl who has crawled as far as she can from her house, has always held my head and heart. "Really, I think one's art goes only as far and as deep as your love goes," Wyeth said in a Life magazine interview in 1965. "I don't paint these hills around Chadds Ford because they're better than the hills somewhere else. It's that I was born here, lived here — things have a meaning for me."
R.I.P.
-Mike Lagocki is one-fifth of the mighty ghostWerks crew, as well as being the driving force behind the pleasantly notorious art activist massive called ArtLoveMagic, dedicated to overcoming Evil with good art.
-GhettoManga.com
comics.hipHop.news.art.culture

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here