attack of the DOOMbots...

indie-rap supervillain MF DOOM has embarked on his most diabolical scheme yet... according to URB Magazine, Metal Face has sent out masked impostors to his shows, who perform anorexic 20-minute lip-sync sets and flee into the night with your money and leaving angry fans and promoters in their wake.

Back in December, unconfirmed rumors alleged that MF DOOM’s next album would be called DOOMpostor. DOOM associate (or perhaps minion) John Robinson told UndergroundHipHop.com, “Number one, there’s a method to the madness, always know that. Number two, DOOMpostor 2008. That would be my comment. Never forget, we’re not dealing with the superhero, we got the supervillain.” (read more at URB.com)...
I was one of the unwitting fools in question. Me and that dude Josh Boulet drove down to Austin and caught the villain (or so we thought) and Count Bass D (who for his part, killed it) in a little club show. We were befuddled at DOOM's lackluster 4 song performance at the time. I was actually downright angry! I WAS ROBBED, DAMMIT! The show wasn't worth the gas money, let alone the price of admission, but Josh calmed me down.

"He IS the villain, man..."
...
It made too much sense at the time, and makes even more sense now

DOOM got me for my loot on some performance art shit...  In the comics, Dr. Doom uses his Doombots to rule his peoples in Latveria whenever he is too busy slap-boxing with the Fantastic Four. Conversely, he might send a Doombot to fuck with a minor task when he would rather not be bothered. Of course, A Doom-shaped robot (while dangerous and smart) is not nearly as formidable as the Doctor himself, but they allow Doom to rule his empire with an iron Metal Fist, ya dig? So anybody that stays mad at the villain for jerking them has my understanding. I was LIVID! But I got over it. I'm still an MF DOOM fan... I won't be laying down any more loot to see him perform or anything, though.
Never trust a super-villain...
-gM

4 comments:

B_Steelo said...

I know that's kinda suspect by some but that's dope as hell.

Anonymous said...

yeah.
it's performance art! he's playing the Super-villain... the fans are playing the unwitting victims!

Goldi gold said...

shit, he did it in atlanta. Charge heads new year prices to see him and the doorman which was down with them and the doom imposter flee the spizzott in the night. I wasn't there but heads wasn't to happy about it

B_Steelo said...

yeah I know, it was mad bold...but I can't help but respect it. It's the comic nerd in me.

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here