run go get that!!!!

i doubt if any book i've ever read exemplifies the spirit we stand for here at ghettoManga more than the Opus-like MBQ by fledgling comics superstar Felipe Smith. published by TokyoPop, MBQ is Felipe's semi-autobiographical slice of life comic about living in Los Angeles... WAIT!!! don't go to sleep fam'ly, 'cause felipe keeps it hot by using all the high-detail drawing, action manga storytelling techniques, and out-of-this world character design you would ever need in a comic.
Felipe's quiet mastery of the idioms of comics have won him all types of contests, been published on three continents, and will undoubtedly result in his becoming a big name in comics (or manga, if you prefer...).
anyways, MBQ #3 (in stores RIGHT NOW) closes the series out, presumably making room for new projects from Felipe... i will write a more proper review later, but i absoLUTEly recommend you pick up all three issues asap...
holla!
samax.

3 comments:

Jamar said...

OH SHIT! THIS DROPPED!? How come I wasn't notified?!

Somebody's fired!

Angela L. Braden, Writer, Speaker, Professor said...

Hey Samax! It was sooooooooo good to see you this weekend! I wished so badly that I could have spent some time with both you and Charlene this weekend. But we'll get a chance to hang out real soon. I think I'm coming back up for New Year's.

I wanted you to come over to my blog and check out my last two blog entries. Tell Charlene to take a look too. www.nuvisionforanuday.blogspot.com

Well, I love ya Samax. Shoot me an e-mail at angie.braden@comcast.net.

Peace,

Angela Braden

Anonymous said...

i got the first one. this nigga is mad real... where can i get the second and third ones at?

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here