How to draw HipHop by Damion Scott

Damion Scott, definitely one of my favorite young comic book artists, has illustrated a new book about hip hop cartooning called How to Draw Hip Hop published by Watson-Guptill. the book is written by Kris Ex, a noteworthy brooklyn journalist who has written for Rolling Stone, Blender, Vibe, XXL, Hip-Hop Connection, and many other publications.

i haven't read it yet, but based on D.Scott's breakthrough work on Batgirl and Spectacular Spiderman, i would recommend copping this book, sight unseen.
If i can get my hands on a copy (and my birthday IS coming up,hint hint!), i will be happy to supply you guys with a more comprehensive review.

holla!
samax.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought the book today, trying my hand at this craft of drawing. My style (which is only a hobby for years) is drawing more realistic, so this is a HUGE challenge to draw in this style. I loved the book and you guys make it really easy to pick up. That was published in 2006, what's the recent work?

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here