#nowPlaying "Running on Empty" by @SuperAnkoma

"See, the truth is 
some of y'all claiming that ya ruthless
forgot about the art of making music."
-Ankoma



I get followed by a lot of rappers on social media. I can't say it is a guarantee that I will even listen to your music (hint: If your name starts with "L'il"... Well, let's just say it doesn't help), but sometimes I check out the people who follow. I listened to San Francisco based emcee/producer Ankoma's free EP Running on Empty after he followed GhettoManga on Twitter today, and I really enjoyed it.
I don't know how old he is, but Ankoma's music has an old school sensibility to it that appeals to me. Not to say it sounds old. I don't know. It just seems to have a sense of history... of awareness. I don't wanna think too hard about it. I like it.
Anyways... If you like it, click here to get more Ankoma in your life.
 
Peace,
 -samax
Samax Amen draws people, places and things for fun and profit. He is the artist of many great comics you never heard of like Herman Heed, Champion of Children, The Brother and The World As You Know It. He even writes and draws his own comics, like Dare: The Adventures of Darius Davidson, Spontaneous, and Manchild when he gets around to it. Because making comics is hard and stuff, he started GhettoManga as a blog in 2006 and as a print magazine in 2008. 
GhettoManga
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here