QUICK REVIEW: "Adventuretime with Fiona and Cake" #1 (of 6)


I'm sure there were people out there more excited about the Adventure Time spinoff comic Adventure Time with Fiona and Cake than I was, but I was pretty freaking pumped! BFFs Fiona and Cake are the gender-flipped alterverse versions of Adventure Time stars Finn the Human and Jake the Dog. But the fun doesn't stop there, as Fiona and Cake share this six issue series with gender-bent doppelgangers of all our favorite inhabitants of the world of Oo.










This preview doesn't get into the main story of the issue, but it sets up the whole series. 
Here's some unlettered pages...



 

I've been super-busy lately, but I finally got to read the comic yesterday and loved it. As I learned in this PBS video about fan art, Fiona and Cake started out as a super-popular fan art on Tumblr created by Natasha Allegri, a character artist on Adventure Time. 

The episode that introduced Fiona and Cake into the show is by far the highest rated episode to this day. Now I don't feel so weird for loving it so much! This issue has two stories in it, the first chapter of a six parter by Allegri, and the one-off short The Sweater Bandit by Noelle Stevenson. Both stories are light and fun. If you like Adventure Time, you'll love this comic.
I can't WAIT for #2...


-samax.  

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here