This is some black James Bond type shit... DAMN YOU, RON WIMBERLY!!! (not really)

I'm so mad at myself right now for not being more like Ron Wimberly... I mean, not in a "Damn, he fly, I'ma dress like/ draw like/ talk like him" kinda way... more of a "Fuck! He draws comics all the time and I don't" kinda way. Here's a short story of his called Africa? that I shamelessly snatched off'a Behance...











I have no idea if/where this has been printed, but if you're reading this Ron (and you know you are) I NEED this for my magazine. Reading this as a teenager would have made me pull my pants up! This nigga is like Obama's cool-as-fuck all-black half-brother or something. This is like a long form Mos Def video, directed by a Japanese director descended from an African ronin!
Also, I desperately need that Biggie Smalls Bible in my LIFE!!! Maybe I'll print some of those on Lulu or something. Disney didn't lock up the rights to The Holy Bible yet, did they? Okay, now I'm rambling...

later.
-samax.  

7 comments:

Walter Ostlie said...

Daaaaammmnnnn, this is sick! I need more of this in my life.

Samax said...

WHO DOESN'T?!?! That's Ron Diggety for you...

peep:
http://d-pi.com/dtv/2011/09/11/the-alarmist/#more-1112

o f l o d a said...

Wow! This is some cool shit.

Samax said...

exactly. I started to just send a tweet, but I was like, Naw... I need this on my blog! LOL!

o f l o d a said...

Ha ha! I really enjoyed this strip and I love the art work and it felt strangely familiar. I sat down last night to watch this weird sci-fi movie I own called Alphaville and there it was. I was pretty excited and thought I'ld share it with ya.

http://ghettomanga.blogspot.com/2012/08/this-is-some-black-james-bond-type-shit.html

o f l o d a said...

oops sorry here is the link to the scene in that movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LQ9BOlEKEg&feature=related

Samax said...

LOL! WOW!
That's crazy! Even more amazing is that you recognized it!

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here