start the Day off RIGHT w/Jake One, Freeway & Brother Ali

I been banging the mess out of this song The Truth by Jake One f/Freeway and Brother Ali at work for the last few days...


This song was my first exposure to Brother Ali. I looked into him a while back at the behest of my friend and Philly resident Jamar, and was blown away. Freeway smashes his verse over a raw beat by the mighty Jake One, but the reason I couldn't stop playing this joint this week is Ali's honest yet rugged rumination on his hood upbringing that anchors the track:
"Hungry pacin' in a bus station with my nuts hangin, but I never sold base, muthaf*ck Reagan..."
Chills, son! Anyways, click here to peep my previous post for more Ali-centric youTubery, and have a great day!
holla!
samax.
ghettoManga.com
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

1 comment:

B_Steelo said...

Yeah I remember hearing that cat Ali. Tripped me out

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here