Props to one of my favorite Cartoons ever...

A Great Day for SCIENCE by Samax Amen
Friday's Sketch Challenge was Dexter, the child genius of Dexter's Laboratory fame. When this cartoon came out, I wasn't really a fan of it. The new cartoons just didn't reach out and grab me like the ones I grew up on, and the deceptively flat geometric art style felt generic and pointless. I don't remember which episode was the first one I actually sat down and watched, but whatever it was, it hooked me and didn't let go!
Anyways, I drew a really quick sketch then finished it in Photoshop in about 20 minutes total. If you want a print of this (or any of my other drawings), I'll give you this on 8.5x11 photo paper for $15 (which includes shipping) just let me know. For some more of my drawings, click here.
holla!
samax.
ghettoManga.com
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

4 comments:

Arkonbey said...

Dexter's Lab!

I can still remember first seeing that when it premiered as a short when The Cartoon Network was showing a bunch of stuff to see if people wanted cartoon 'x' as a series. The Power Puff Girls were also at the same time, I think.

The pic is nice. I really like the forced perspective and you captured the grin perfectly, but I'm not sure about the differing line weight on the outline.

Samax said...

yep. Cartoon Cartoon Friday. I LOVE Power Puff girls, too.

I feel the same way about the line weight. It was a quick drawing. I'm always second-guessing them.

B_Steelo said...

It's on Boomerang now...crazy

Samax said...

yeah, all the Cartoons I wanna watch are on Boomerang, because (ring the bell) I'm old.

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here