Real Nigga Quotes

A Few Words from RhymeFest
"Well, by now, some of you have heard it; most of you have not.
A song from my upcoming EL CHE album has leaked. So instead of complaining about it or continuing my futile attempts to hide its existence until my album's release date, I will share it with you: my comrades.The name of this song is REAL NIGGA QUOTES, produced by and featuring DJ Premier.
This song is filled with famous quotes from great people throughout history. If you listen close to my lyrics, I'm sure that you can pick out a few that you are familiar with. On the 3rd verse, I even allow Premo to let loose with a hot 16 of his favorite revolutionary quotes.On sites such as HipHopDx.com and Okayplayer.com [where the leak of the song first appeared], there were interesting debates between Black & White Hip-Hop fans about whether this song was necessary, divisive or flat-out Black racism.
In the defense of my work, I will say that we as a Hip-Hop audience feed ourselves with all kinds of cultural nonsense when it comes to rap music. No one ever complains about Black racism when we are calling each other hoes, niggaz or bitches in a way that promotes self-hate and violence. I rarely hear complaints from anyone when the d-boys glorify the spewing of poison (crack, coke, etc.) throughout our communities. My album EL CHE is not a Black power album; it is a PEOPLE power album. It will represent the taking back of our communities; the disenfranchised, no matter what race, color or creed they consist of.The first song I released was ANGRY BLACK MAN ON A ELEVATOR, where everybody got it; from the ignorant-ass gangbanger without a purpose to Anna Nicole Smith. I spared no one. As much wrath as you will feel from this album upon its release, you will also see elements of mercy and love. Not much, but a little bit.However, I will stand firm in my belief that a color-blind society is not in the best interest of Hip-Hop, America or the world. We must confront the disenfranchisement, the stereotypes and the lies that are perpetrated on us all. Black people are not inherent criminals. White people are not against all people of color. And not all Brown people are plotting on taking your job. Hip-Hop is our way... it's my way... of speaking truth to power. So as you listen, enjoy or disagree with my new song REAL NIGGA QUOTES, all I ask is that you hear it not with a critical ear but an insightful mind. By doing this, you will have the best listening experience.So with no further ado, head over to my profile for song number two: REAL NIGGA QUOTES.GET PLUGGED!

Peace,Fest"

www.ghettoManga.com
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's real!
-100

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here