the Early Bird Special

“Me tryn’a be good don’t mean that I won’t bust my thing,
If I have to get ‘hood, like David wit’ the Phillistines…”
-MO Tep
The strength of hipHop, now as ever, is the Underground.
It’s the vibrant energy of the streets (wherever those streets may be), and it lets those with an ear to hear know what‘s up. in the case of the man behind This Weeks Cut, those streets ran through the windy city of Chicago. (in case you didn't know, every Thursday, I load a new song on this blog, as my way of teaching people what REAL hipHop is… ). This week's Cut is “Belief (Early Bird Work)”, from blue collar Chicago rhymer M.O. Tep.
“Cops is after me, so I don’t really party much. Plus, I’m inta math and can still use an abacus…” says Tep, a matter-of-fact kind of spitter who mixes street-level braggadocia and sky-high metaphysics flawlessly.
The youngest of nine kids, the family-centered emcee says of his brother “but at the same time, he on the front line, tatted up wit’ gang signs battling’ with that slave mind” on my favorite joint "Had Ta Bus"… look, just go to his mySpace (http://www.myspace.com/earlybirdwork) and check it out along with other songs from his ambitious record, Early Bird Work, a’ight?
peace...
samax.

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here