it has finally begun...

versus called me out. i have been slack on my game lately in many areas, but none so inexcusable as my neglect to speak on the broadcast debut of
Afro Samurai,
the new Animated Series starring the original Bad MuthaF^!$a: Sam L Jackson... which is not to say that i'm late to the game:

i been geekin' on this since february (don't believe me? check my previous blogs, cousin!), and i went aaaaall the way to killer cali to peep the news on it at the sanDiego comicon, where i shook hands with the muthaf!^#$n' Rza... anyways, now the mostly-lame spikeTV is airing the show, (10 o'clock thursdays where i rest... check your local listings kids...). it was my job to make sure you know about such things, and i dropped the ball like terrell owens. my bad.
but i come baring gifts, fam'ly! click the pics for a clip apiece on youTube. then start watching it on thursdays before you go to the club... if you see me out, we can talk about it, a'ight?

holla!
samax.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good look.

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for this, and bitching about the fact that anime so rarely featured folks of color (incl. Asians). The lack of their own likeness being represented in their art irked the sh-- out of me.

This is healing balm:)

The black psyche is remembering itself, and our mythology is re-forming after it's initial sabotage:

Shades of Memnon, Gregory Walker
Maji; The Magik Volumes 2006 (Black Faerie), by Dazjae ( shameless plug)
Neverknots, by Mantatakhan

Eragon featured black folks in Fantasy this past December also.

And now...

We have THE Samuel L. Jackson as Afro Samurai

I can't went to tell my son.
He'll be glad to hear me shut up about the lack of brown skin in anime now...though it will be a pleasure to see more.

:) :) :)

Peace Samax and blessings in your endeavors
-Dazjae
purplemag.com

Samax said...

i been hearing good things abot Memnon... i'ma hafta check that out!

"NEVERKNOTS" is definitely fire... i'm hoping to be able to help get that out to the starving masses myself...

plug away, my friend... that's what we're here for!

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here