blackalicious wuz here...


okay, ya'll... i owe you a BIG apology... i forgot to remind you about the blackalicous /Pigeon john/ lifesavas show (and i didn't even KNOW fatlip was gonna be there!!!)... my bad!
if you were there, you know that joint was the BOMB! i definitely spent my music allowance for the month (copped The Craft, Blackalicious' new joint AND The Rise and Fall of Brainwash Projects, the futuristic first [and only, i think] record of the dynamic duo that introduced me to the super-duperfly Pidgeon John), and boy, was it worth it!
Blacklicious' unrealisticly dope emcee Gift of Gab put on a heckuva show (his back-up singers were worth the price of admission alone!) and Chief Xcel is a classic party deejay as well as a fresh producer...

they did cuts from Gab's solo record, the groups new joint the Craft and the group's breakthrough record (and quite possibly my favorite record of all time [can anything really top Public Enemy's It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back?]) Blazing Arrow. Definitely the best show i've been to in a minute.

so anyways, it was dope. definitely the best show i've been to in a hot minute. i'll hip you it better next time.

holla!
samax.
www.samaxAmen.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no! The prodigal gives it up for Blazzing Arrow as possibly the best of all time!!! You know it's my alltime fave hip hop album.

makes me smile.
course you can't go wromng with any Gift release. From Nia through The Craft, every one of 'em is pure gold.

-anonymous gorilla

Samax said...

yeah. Gab is like a prophet, emcee and activist all rolled in one, on some bob marley shit...

blazing arrow is what hip hop claims to be but too often isn't: imaginative, important, original, and jamming!

Anonymous said...

My friend Shawn (not a hiphopper) asked me what I got out of Blazing Arrow (since I wuz going on and on about it).

I said, before listening to Blaz., I never prayed and bopped my head at the same time.

Gift for president.

-anonymous gorilla

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here